Monday, May 4, 2009

Un-wiser.


Started to feel the jitters an hour before the surgery.
Racing heartbeat, cold sweat, and whatnots,
made me feel wanna fart even more. 

The xray machine was supercool.
Never seen one of that sort.
Was instructed to wear this heavy magnetic 'vest',
place chin on a support while standing, and bite a stick-looking thing.
Then the upper half of the machine turns 360 and within seconds, done.
Different from the xray I went to at another private dental clinic.
In that clinic, they inserted the xray tool into the mouth,
pressed on the gum where the tooth is hiding and bled in the end.

So just when the dental surgeon and his assistant are all ready to start the surgery,
I asked for a cup of water.
That wasted about 2 minutes.

K surgery proper,
I was awake throughout the entire process 
and even though my vision was covered (supposed to)
I could peek through the gap, 
unveiling all sorts of dental mechanisms and substances that went into my mouth, 
just to take out one stubborn tooth.
But at some point, I just gotta shut my eyes.

But after being put under local anaesthesia,
don't really feel much pain.
Even the injection of the gum to numb the area only felt like an ant-bite.
But I like it when the substance that was being squirted into the gum can be felt.
It's cooling.
Most significant was the drilling of the tooth (mum who's waiting at the lounge can hear it)
and the much effort that the surgeon took to pull the huge tooth out,
cos he went from sitting to standing position.
Didn't even realise that the tooth's out until he said that he's gonna do the stitching already.
That black thread got stucked in between my teeth,
practically flossing it.
Think I got tired of opening my mouth wide for a whole hour or so,
that it started to shut.

And I suddenly coughed out several times into their faces, twice.
I forgot to raise my hand as told, in any case if there's discomfort or pain.
I didn't even know I was going to cough cos the throat abruptly dried up 
and felt as though someone was strangling.

But all in all, it was a refreshing experience.
Effingly relieved after all's done.
Not over though.
Most likely to go through that again in a years' time?
At least, I know what to expect.

So, removal of stitches in 6days' time.
Can't wait.


^What my right cheek was like yesterday.

^Stubborn molar, has to be drilled into 3 pieces.

^Woke up today, surprised to see how much swollen it has gotten. Really look like a chipmunk now.

^Yesterday's swollen lower lip turned into a long ulcer today.

^What i had for dinner at Terminal 3 yesterday. Since no solid food allowed, this is the only week that i can indulge in this kinda sweet treats.

^Oh yeahh.

0 comments: