Thursday, May 21, 2009

Appendicitis (Wiki).

File:Inflamed appendix.jpg

File:Stomach colon rectum diagram.svg

Appendicitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the appendix
All cases require removal of the inflamed appendix, either by laparotomy or laparoscopy
If untreated, mortality is high, mainly because of peritonitis and shock.

Laparotomy: A surgical procedure involving an incision through the abdominal wall to gain access into the abdominal cavity.
Laparoscopy: A modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through smallincisions (usually 0.5-1.5cm).

Causes
Acute appendicitis seems to be the end result of a primary obstruction of the appendix lumen
Once this obstruction occurs the appendix subsequently becomes filled with mucus and swells, increasing pressures within the lumen and the walls of the appendix, resulting in thrombosis and occlusion of the small vessels, and stasis of lymphatic flow
Rarely, spontaneous recovery can occur at this point. 
As the former progresses, the appendix becomes ischemic and thennecrotic
As bacteria begin to leak out through the dying walls, pus forms within and around the appendix (suppuration). 
The end result of this cascade is appendiceal rupture (a 'burst appendix') causing peritonitis, which may lead to septicemia and eventually death.

Symptoms

The typical history includes pain starting centrally (periumbilical) before localizing to the right iliac fossa (the lower right side of the abdomen); this is due to the poor localizing (spatial) property of visceral nerves from the mid-gut, followed by the involvement of somatic nerves (parietal peritoneum) as the inflammation progresses. 

The pain is usually associated with loss of appetite and fever, although the latter isn't a necessary symptom. 

Nausea or vomiting may occur, and also the feeling of drowsiness and the feeling of general bad health. 

With the typical type, diagnosis is easier to make, surgery occurs earlier and findings are often less severe.


Atypical symptoms may include pain beginning and staying in the right iliac fossadiarrhea and a more prolonged, smoldering course. 

If an inflamed appendix lies in contact with the bladder, there is frequency of urination

With post-ileal appendix, marked retching may occur.

Tenesmus or "downward urge" (the feeling that a bowel movement will relieve discomfort) is also experienced in some cases.


File:Acute Appendicitis.jpgInsya'Allah, everything will be alright.



1 comments:

Alarico Adalbert said...

It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..